Curated by: The Company Theatre
“If you want an image of the future it is this: everything you have ever done, every friend you’ve made or lost, every website you’ve visited, every message you’ve sent or received, every kiss, every heartbreak, every holiday, every sadness, every single moment, saved on our servers and on sale to the highest bidder. Forever.”
Imagining George Orwell in Times of Surveillance.
A Devised Performance Conceived and Directed by John Britton.
Created by the Ensemble.
About the artist
About the organisation
The Company Theatre (TCT) was formed in 1993 with a singular commitment to theatre and the performance arts. It is an ensemble of professionals who work with an inter-disciplinary & multi-cultural approach to diverse art forms. Its work is rooted in a search for the truth of human experience through performance.
TCT has since created performances ranging from physical mime and absurdist drama to clown narratives and musical comedies. These productions have travelled to audiences all over the world. TCT has also conducted workshops and master classes for all age groups, organized performance related conferences & art festivals as well as contributed to developing an energized performance culture in & around India.
In order to continually explore new modes of expression and share creative knowledges, TCT actively seeks collaborations with diverse cultural bodies and artists with varied backgrounds, skill sets and interests. The Company Theatre’s need to focus on research and intensive process work for creating new performance vocabulary led to the making of TCT Workspace- International Residency for Performing Arts, situated in the countryside of Maharashtra. TCT Workspace is a facility for individual artists as well as company ensembles to experiment, innovate and explore in a dedicated residential performing arts laboratory.
The Black Box
▪ We request you to bring warm clothes as it gets chilly inside the Black Box as temperatures need to be controlled at optimum levels as per technical requirements
▪ Food, beverages and water are strictly prohibited inside the Black Box. Please do not carry them in your bags either
▪ Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis
▪ Please do come at least 15 minutes prior to the show and enjoy a good cup of coffee at PORT
▪ No Late Entries will be allowed
▪ Latecomers can only be allowed in at intermission or at an appropriate pause in the program and as per the instructions of the organisers