Guards At The Taj
Curated by: Aadyam Theatre
The Hoshruba Repertory and Vrajesh Hirjee present
Guards At The Taj
About the Play
DIRECTED BY – Danish Husain
CAST – Vrajesh Hirjee & Joy Fernandes
DURATION – 1 hour 30 minutes
Guards At The Taj is the Pulitzer prize finalist playwright Rajiv Joseph’s recent plays. The play opened Off-Broadway in June 2015 to critical acclaim and was reviewed in major publications like The New York Times and The Washington Post.
It is 1648 India, two lowliest of Imperial Guards stand guard on the dawn watch outside Taj Mahal. They witness sun rising for the first time on the newly-completed Taj Mahal—an event that shakes their respective worlds. When they are ordered to perform an unthinkable task, the aftermath forces them to question the concepts of friendship, beauty, and duty, and changes them forever.
Tickets are available here
April 30, 2017 16:00 to 18:30 & 19:30 to 22:00
May 03, 2017 19:30 to 22:00
May 04, 2017 19:30 to 22:00
May 05, 2017 19:30 to 22:00
May 06, 2017 16:00 to 18:30 & 19:30 to 22:00
May 07, 2017 16:00 to 18:30 & 19:30 to 22:00
About the artists
Vrajesh Hirjee is a well-known face in the TV and film fraternity, mainly popular for his comic roles. He made his debut on TV in a comedy show Tea Time Manoranjan (1994) along with Smriti Irani and Raju Srivastava as co-stars. He has acted in more than 41 Gujarati language plays and has acted in a number of successful Hindi language movies. He also hosted the show The Man's World. Recently he appeared in the game show Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout as a contestant. He is currently seen in SAB TV sitcom Bhai Bhaiya Aur Brother.
Joy Fernandes has over 25 years of experience on stage nationally and internationally. He has toured the world performing several successful shows of Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' directed by Tim Supple and 'Merchants of Bollywood' directed by Toby Gough. In India he has written, directed, produced and acted in several well-received plays. Joy has acted in popular films like Jajantaram Mamantarm, Paanch, One Two Ka four, Dasvidanya etc. He has acted, scripted and directed for Television, ads, events etc. He has co-authoured a book for kids. Joy has pioneered the concept of 'EnterTrainment' for the corporate sector and creates exciting training modules in speech, voice and drama for every age and personality profile.
Important instructions and G5A House Rules:
• Upon entering Laxmi Mills Estate, go straight followed by a right-right-left and go until the end of the lane to find our center on the left
• If coming via Tulsi Pipe Road, please enter the Western Railways Sports Complex gate to discover the alternate access route to our center [Note: this route is for pedestrians only]
• G5A does not provide valet parking, please use the common parking space at Laxmi Mills Estate
• We request you to bring warm clothes as it gets chilly inside the Black Box
• Food, beverages and water strictly prohibited inside the Black Box
• Seating at the Black Box is on first-come, first-served basis. Please do come 15 mins prior to the show and enjoy a good cup of coffee at our in-house cafe, PORT.