TPC Mehfil #4
Curated by: The Poetry Club
TPC Mehfil explores the works of Classical poets from across the world in multiple languages (Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi and more).
This session will explore the works of Faiz Ahmad Faiz, Maya Angelou and Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
Faiz is known as the revolutionary poet of modern times, Bachchan, the flagbearer of Nayi Kavita movement in India and Angleou, a hymn to human endurance. These poets belonged to the same era but immersed themselves in many diverse set of themes, which will also be discussed in the session. The session will also introduce the audience to some finer aspects of their poetic styles along with interesting trivia about their lives.
Important instructions and G5A House Rules:
- Upon entering Laxmi Mills Estate, go straight followed by a right-right-left and go until the end of the lane to find our center on the left
- If coming via Tulsi Pipe Road, please enter the Western Railways Sports Complex gate to discover the alternate access route to our center [Note: this route is for pedestrians only]
- G5A does not provide valet parking, please use the common parking space at Laxmi Mills Estate
- We request you to bring warm clothes as it gets chilly inside the Black Box
- Food, beverages and water strictly prohibited inside the Black Box
- Seating at the Black Box is on first-come, first-served basis. Please do come 15 mins prior to the show and enjoy a good cup of coffee at our in-house cafe, PORT.